From Laboratory Specimen to Low Lethal Weapon. This informational page consists of most glossary terms starting with the letter L.
Prison Glossary of Terms That Start With "L"
Laboratory Specimen: Biological sample collected by medical DOC employees and/or contract workers for DNA analysis or buccal samples collected by trained DOC employees or contract workers.
Legal Documents: Summons, complaint, subpoena, interrogatories, requests for admissions, etc.
Legal Papers: Pleadings and resource documents (e.g., case law, court rules, statutes, transcripts, legal forms, etc.).
Legal Support and Advice: A request for a legal opinion on a new legal issue that is directly related to DOC duties and responsibilities.
Lethal Injection: A continuous intravenous injection of a series of lethal drugs sufficient to cause death.
Lethal Weapons: Weapons which can cause serious injury or death.
Level of Functioning/Impairment: Refers to a clinical assessment of the severity of an offender's debility related to mental health problems based on symptomatic behavior and his/her ability to manage the demands of everyday life.
Levels of Program Supervision:
- Direct: DOC employee/volunteer monitoring of faith group program while physically in the room or area.
- Indirect: DOC employee monitoring faith group program utilizing audio, visual, and/or line of sight, while physically outside of the room or area.
- Intermittent: DOC employee monitoring faith group program utilizing a combination of the above randomly.
Low Lethal Weapon: Any device or instrument which, by design, is intended to cause discomfort or bodily injury to obtain compliance. Under normal operation it is not expected to cause serious injury or death. Low lethal charges include chemical agent rounds, rubberized projectiles, etc.
JailGuide Prison Links
- INMATE SEARCH by COUNTRY
- PRISON SENTENCE CALCULATOR
- PRISON SECURITY LEVELS
- R.D.A.P FACILITIES LIST
- FEDERAL SENTENCING CHART
- HOW TO SEND MONEY TO AN INMATE
- HOW TO SEND MAIL TO AN INMATE
- NEED A CRIMINAL LAWYER?
- NEED AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER?
Need to find an inmate fast?
Type in their name and hit "Search"
We will not list any Youth Offender Facility or Juvenile Facilities on JailGuide.com or it's Inmate Locator Tool.